7 Main Reasons That Cause Hair Loss
#9029 (In Topic #4146)
Now a day, hair loss is a big issue for everyone. Baldness is a main reason for hair falling in men than women.
1. Stress, tension and depression –
2. After pregnancy – after pregnancy, most of hair fall occurs during shampooing and combing it. This condition is known as telogen effluvium. It may be occur after major surgery, after prolonged intake of some medications such as medication for depression, NSAIDS for pain relief, etc… in this condition, phases of growth of the hair are faster than normal which leads to short life of hair cause hair fall.
Duration of this condition – 1 ½ months to 3 months
Treatment – reduce your stress and reduces the dosage of medication
3. Anaemia – hair loss due to some necessary elements such as iron and other substances are more common cause in females. Hair fall occur due to less nutrition in the blood which is necessary for growth of the hair.
Causes – prolonged menstrual bleeding that losses more iron
Less intake of iron rich food into daily diet
Blood loss after injury
Gastric mucosal cell atrophy
Symptoms – early fatigue, weakness, hair loss, less concentration power
Treatment – intake of iron rich food such as green leafy vegetables, intake of iron tablets orally
4. PCOD – polycystic ovarian disease – in this condition, two or more cysts are formed in ovaries. It cause imbalance in the level of hormones which leads to hair fall. Treatment – hormonal therapy and intake of birth control pills
5. Skin diseases of the scalp – there are many skin conditions such as fungal infection of the scalp, dandruff, psoriasis etc may lead to hair fall. In these conditions, production of scalyskin, excess ol production, development of fungus etc may hamper the health of hair and leads to falling of hair.
Treatment – treatment of underlying cause
6. Alopecia areata – in this condition, body’s own immunity destroys the follicle of the hair. Stress is a main cause of autoimmune disorders. Presence of Round or oval shaped smooth patches of baldness on the scalp
7. Over styling – straightening, curling, ironing, and use of drier cause damage of the shaft of the hair and it breaks the hair column which leads to hair fall. Over heating is also harmful. It damages the constructive protein of the hair strands.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.